UPUCC Returns to In-Person Worship (and continues virtually as well!)
- Don your masks and ‘join in’ for our joyful steps toward ‘normalcy’!
- As an unabashedly liberal group, in this instance we will move more conservatively, asking all present to wear masks and socially distance while indoors. The service (and future worship services) will be live streamed to allow all to participate.
- While many of us are fully vaccinated, others, including all children, have not yet had that opportunity. Children are certainly welcome, but no special children’s classes or inside gatherings in worship will be offered until further notice. (Watch for details as possible outside children’s gatherings are planned.)
Though we do not anticipate more persons in attendance than our space can safely accommodate, the length of our worship may be shortened, some aspects may occur outdoors, and singing may be recorded instead of sung live...but we’ll come together safely with enthusiasm and creativity!
Worship Zoom link
878 5010 9590
Dial in- 929 436 2866
Sunday Forum 9 am - Join in person or online:
- October 24- UPUCC Congregational Meeting follows worship. No Forum will be held.
- October 31– Halloween, All Saints Day, and Dia de los Muertos How did these three traditions start? Are they related? Join us as we learn more about Halloween, All Saints Day and Dia de los Muertos. We’ll discuss the traditions associated with each, including any related personal traditions you’d like to share.
Forum Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 834 8280 3068
Dial in: 301 715 8592
Exploring Our Story Through Biblical Stories Monday 7 pm
Meeting each Monday evening virtually at 7:00 p.m. Facilitated by Anthony Neff firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday night Progressive Bible Study is currently offering History, the Bible and You. As the foundational text of our faith, the Bible is an important piece of our journey. But as our UPUCC Covenant says, we seek to:
Search the scriptures with open-minded thoughtfulness; taking the Bible seriously while knowing it cannot always be taken literally;
Using materials and the approach outlined in the History in the Bible podcast from Garry Stevens (https://www.historyinthebible.com/), we’ll look at some of the latest research into the Biblical texts and the archaeology behind them. In addition to considering historical / archaeological findings and critical research from biblical and literary scholars, we’ll take the time to discuss how we can make scripture meaningful to us in our own lives today (and which parts of scripture are NOT meaningful to us personally).
Our Monday night sessions offer the opportunity to explore the Bible with open minds and open discussions. Join us as we begin a new ground floor approach!
Progressive Bible Study Zoom link
Meeting ID: 941 1867 3022
Brew Theology -running each second and fourth Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. Contact Brian Spears for more information at email@example.com
If you've missed our virtual worship services, you can find the videos here.